Ellie’s second birthday party is a week from tomorrow (on Oct 30) and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with preparations.
For example, this week I made my “test cake”
Yes, the theme is Elmo…anyone who didn’t see that one coming from a mile away hasn’t been paying attention.
Next week I have to
- Put together the goodie bags (luckily I bought pre-set kits so it’s just folding up the boxes and putting the pre-set stuff into them)
- Make the cake
- Make the Elmo Cake Pops (because I’m fucking insane like that)
- Make the cookies that the toddlers are going to “decorate”
- Make the frosting for the toddlers to use for “decorating”
- Plan and make the rest of the menu
- Buy alcohol for the grown-ups
- Figure out where on earth one rents helium in Singapore for the mylar balloons I purchased in the US
- Put up decorations
- Stuff I’m forgetting…
Did I mention that it’s MY birthday on Sunday the 24th? That other than hitting Outback Steakhouse (and maybe making some devil’s food cupcakes for myself) I’m in full-on planning for E’s party instead?
I’m actually super-thrilled for E’s birthday party.
I love that she has friends in Singapore to come and attend (we’re expecting 7 or 8 kids to come and various parents/helpers). Not that she’d care, but I remember that when we moved here, one of my big fears was “what if I fail her and don’t make friends with kids her age to come to the party?” Which really has more to do with the year that only one person came to mine and I was fairly traumatized and stopped having parties altogether as a kid because of it. Nothing like reliving your childhood traumas via your kids.
I can’t WAIT to see the look on her face.
I can’t wait to see the cake smeared across her face.
As she is actually only turning two, it’s fair to say I’m more excited than she is.