I found this recipe in a magazine, but lost the copy of Bon Appetit in the move. So I was super excited to find it online. These are truly phenomenal banana muffins…they’re moist, and the cinnamon/sugar crumble on top gives it a little something special. I’d say that even beginners can do this recipe quite handily as it’s basically a dump everything in the bowl and stir kind of recipe.
Banana Bread With Cinnamon Sugar Crumble
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 medium)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour 9x5x3-inch metal baking pan. Whisk 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk next 5 ingredients in large bowl until smooth. Add dry ingredients; stir to blend. Transfer batter to pan. Mix 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and brown sugar; sprinkle over batter.
Bake bread until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool bread in pan 30 minutes. Turn pan on its side; slide out bread, being careful not to dislodge topping. Turn bread right side up and cool completely.
- make full sized muffins…start checking at about a 1/2 hour
- make mini muffins (perfect for toddlers!) and start checking at about 15-20 minutes depending on how good your oven is